We find today that many drummers are building their own sets. After the shells and wrap are selected, decisions need to be made about the hardware- even down to the tension rods. We have provided hardware for many custom drum builders who have been very happy with our quality parts at an exceptional price.
Also we find that many times when one buys a used set of drums, parts are missing. And the first parts to be lost are usually tension rods, t-handles, and/or claws. But never fear, we at Jammin Sam provide an excellent selection of these items.
We have helped thousands of people over the years get their sets back on track and parts for custom drum builders. If you are interested in quality parts at a exceptional price, or have any questions, call us.
| Standard Plus Claw|
Note: Our “Standard” claw has the same appearance as above, but lesser chrome quality.
(length 1-5/8″, width 2-3/8″)
| Custom Claw|
Tension Rod & Claw Sets
|Tension Rod & Claw Sets (drum key adjustment)|
|Choice of “Tension Rod” |
sizes: 3″, 3 3/4″, 4-3/8″
(measured from under collar)
|6) Tension Rods & Claws||$19.99||$29.99|
|8) Tension Rods & Claws||$24.99||$39.99|
|10) Tension Rods & Claws||$29.99||$49.99|
|12) Tension Rods & Claws||$34.99||$59.99|
|16) Tension Rods & Claws||$49.99||$79.99|
|20) Tension Rods & Claws||$59.99||$99.99|
The following guidelines may help you figure your size:
- 1″ is usually used just for mounts, not lugs.
- 1-5/8″ is a replacement for most snares and toms.
- 2″ for older toms and snares.
- 2-1/4″ & 2-1/2″ may be needed for 60s, 70s, and older drums (& for some customized drums).
- 3″ is sometimes used for newer customized basses (as well
- 3-3/4″ replaces some older Gretsch bass drums.
- 4-3/8″ replaces most T-handles for basses.
- 6-1/2″ replaces basses with center lugs.