More Psychedelic Mod Orange
- Customer Pictures (Page 1) from Rick Smith
- Customer Pictures (Page 2) from Jerry Jenkins
- Customer Pictures (Page 3) from Anthony Scott
- Customer Pictures (Page 4) from Joe Biggiotti
- Customer Pictures (Page 5) from Chris Lammers
- Customer Pictures (Page 6) from Dave Humphries
- Customer Pictures (Page 7) from Michel Gagnon
- Customer Pictures (Page 8) from Jon Glenn
Pictures sent in (November 2009) by Rick Smith from Baldwinsville, New York of his Ludwig Classic drum set. Great job Rick! [fblike]
Sam – Thanks for all your help with this project, and most of all thanks for the excellent wrap. Your Mod Orange really does justice to the original Ludwig wrap. I might actually even like it better. I collected these late-60s Ludwig Classics with keystone badges one at a time off eBay and built up a mutt kit. Sizes are 8×12, 14×14, and 14×22. My best late-60s Supra-phonic snare drum is also pictured.
The drums were all in sad shape, but I rebuilt them and got them sounding great again. The floor tom had the wrap stripped except under the lugs, and had been spray painted black, including much of the lugs. The rack tom had been in a fire and the wrap burned off. The bass drum had a huge crack in the wrap that was too large to repair. Fortunately, all the drums had badges and the shells were sound. I think this wrap job came out terrific and these drums look great now besides sounding great too. It was certainly enjoyable breathing new life into these old drums. Thanks again Sam!